Cleaning of student residences
Cleanliness and order help you concentrate better and be more efficient, which is why it is so important to keep the environments in which you study clean and tidy. If the cleaning of universities and colleges is essential, the cleaning of student residences is also crucial.
And of course, cleanliness is not only important for concentration and efficiency. Keeping the environments we inhabit clean contributes to good physical and mental health. On the one hand, the number of pathogenic microorganisms is reduced and thus physical illnesses are avoided. On the other hand, cleaning helps prevent stress, anxiety and even depression.
We are going to highlight some of the advantages of contracting the cleaning of student residences. In addition, we will explain how we carry out this type of service at Excellent, since experience has made us professional experts.
Why contract the cleaning of student residences?
We have highlighted the importance of a clean environment for good health, as well as for concentrating and being more efficient. But cleaning is a professional field that requires specific knowledge and adequate material, having professionals ensures optimal results. The advantages of having cleaning professionals are many, but we are going to highlight four of the most important:
- Saving time and money: the cleaning specialists know the facilities perfectly thanks to their experience and training. This ensures professional results in less time than a non-professional cleaner would take. On the other hand, unskilled people can make mistakes that involve repeat cleaning, thus also wasting time.
- Protection of study materials: in student residences we find delicate material, such as electronic devices or books. A cleaning professional knows what products to use to clean surfaces and what procedures are appropriate to avoid damaging delicate material.
- Health and Wellness: We have indicated the importance of cleanliness to the health and wellness of students. Well, professional cleaning affects these issues. Only with optimal cleaning is the maximum well-being of the people who inhabit the premises achieved.
- Infrastructure maintenance: the use of suitable products helps to maintain the facilities in good condition, as well as the choice of suitable procedures. For example, the same products should not be used to clean parquet as to clean metal surfaces. The cleaning professional knows these issues perfectly.
How do we carry out the cleaning of student residences?
After years of experience, we have developed different techniques to achieve maximum efficiency when cleaning student residences. Let’s highlight some of the most important issues to consider:
- Ventilation of closed spaces: a good cleaning begins with the ventilation of closed spaces. It is convenient to open the windows before starting to clean. At the end of the cleaning, it is advisable to use air fresheners.
- Cleaning of elements in common areas: after ventilation, windows and other glass elements must be cleaned. It is especially important, since dirt is very noticeable on the glass. Next, the other elements of the common areas are cleaned, such as tables, chairs, lamps and shelves, among others.
- Emptying of litter bins and floor cleaning: after cleaning the items in the room, the litter bins are emptied. It is important to change the bags every time, not just empty them. The floor can then be cleaned with suitable products depending on the type of flooring.
- Cleaning of the bathrooms: finally the bathrooms are cleaned. In bathrooms, disinfection through the use of bactericidal products is especially important. The same thing happens with mirrors as with glasses, they are areas where dirt is noticeable and it is important not to leave them aside.